Eris Exchange Interest Rate Swap Futures embed the cash flows of OTC interest rate swaps into a capital-efficient futures product that clears at CME Clearing and settles to the CME OTC IRS swap curve. The following product use-cases below, illustrate compelling trading opportunities that take advantage of the principal features of Eris Exchange Interest Rate Swap Futures.
- Long Dated Liability Hedging with Benchmark Swap Futures
- Headging Corporate Liability (Bond Issuance)
- Migrating OTC Swaps to Eris Exchange to Reduce Credit Risk
- Customized Curve Trading
- Swap Spread Trading
- Margin Efficient Invoice Spread Trading
- Efficient Hedging of LIBOR Swap Exposure
Market participants may trade Eris IMM dated benchmark futures (Eris Standards), and more customizable futures (Eris Flexes) on Eris Exchange either electronically or over the phone. Eris Standards have Initial Margin levels that are 40-80% lower than cleared OTC swaps.